Stay away from credit cards, Invest in yourself. He is prepared, however, and does so regularly, to outline general principles of sound investment. These have a consistent theme and can be summed up like this.
- Money doesn’t create man, but it is the man who created money.
- Live your life as simple as you are.
- Don’t do what others say. Just listen to them, but do what makes you feel good.
- Don’t go on brand name. Wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
- Don’t waste your money on unnecessary things. Spend on those who really are in need.
- After all, it’s your life. Why give others the chance to rule your life.
- Never invest in a business you cannot understand.
- Always invest for the long term.
- Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls-Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
- If you’re doing something you love, you’re more likely to put your all into it, and that generally equates to making money.
- Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can’t buy what is popular and do well.
- In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run it is a weighing machine.’